It’s been a while since I’ve actually posted anything original up here. Properly anyway. It’s not that I haven’t been doing anything (honest!). Since Christmas I’ve been thinking about whether I should focus on a particular craft or theme. But it appears my audience is quite diverse, and I shouldn’t completely stop any one particular activity.
Here are some goals that I would like to achieve over the next few months.. let’s say 6 months (to give myself a deadline):
- write a full crochet dress pattern. I’ve had something in mind for ages, but I need to actually make something, and fit it to myself, before writing it all down. And, of course, modifying it for larger/smaller sizing.
- Do a few more drawings/sketches/portraits. Again, I’ve started some things, and have yet to finish. I WILL!
- Finish reading those books that I have piled up – literally (in my front room by the sofa) and virtually (on my kindle).
- Chronicle my first attempt at Cosplay! I plan to go to London Film and Comic Con in July – as Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I also hope to make some of the costume myself – as I got a sewing machine for Christmas. So there’s a project to get me started.
- I’ll continue to write the odd Haiku poem! Maybe I’ll have to try and expand into iambic pentameter..
- …and I’d love to write a short story! I really need to settle down and think of a decent plot though.. loads of disparate ideas, nothing cohesive (yet).
In the last month or so, I’ve also binge-watched several movies.. or have I been procrastinating?.. So if I can come up with a theme, perhaps I’ll do a longer review article. These might be few and far between though.. we’ll see.
I also can’t believe it’s FEBRUARY 2016 already. Where has the time gone?
Time to focus, methinks.