Daisy crochet cloche hat

Here’s a second cloche hat, made using the V-stitch pattern from my previous (translated) post.  As before, the actual patterns for these hats are not owned by me, but by the Russian designer (who’s name I have yet to learn).

I stopped increasing a couple of rows earlier than the pattern suggests, so as to make a smaller hat more suitable for a baby.  I used a 3.5mm hook and a fine 4-ply acrylic yarn.  Finished dimensions are 16cm (6 1/4 inches) crown to brim, and 21cm (8 1/4 inches) wide (23cm; 9 inches at edge of brim).

The daisy motifs, and leaves are patterns I located via Pinterest, as before.

When positioning the motifs, I arranged them on the piece and then took a photo to remember where I put everything!  Firstly, I crochet on the “vine” background green twirls, in a (mostly) random pattern, remembering where the edges of the flowers are likely to leave spaces.  I then sewed on the leaves and then lastly the flowers, keeping in mind which edges I wanted to remain on top, to give the final pattern a bit of a 3D effect.

I plan to make one more set of the crocodile-stitch booties, using the lilac colour as the base, and then change colour when I get to the “frills”, to match the colours in this hat.  I’m rather pleased with this one.  The simpler pattern is still quite effective.

Now, my friends and family need to stop having babies, so that I can start making some adult patterns!


Comments are closed.